…swim in the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Happy Summer Solstice! At 7PM EST today, Summer officially starts in the Northern Hemisphere.
Although the majority of us adult-folk no longer get Summer breaks anymore, we still feel that freedom of “school’s out for summer”. The warm air, sunshine and longer days helps us to break free of our inhibitions. Sun kissed skin and beach hair: check. BBQs: check check. Roadtrips with the top down and music blasting: triple check. Summer flings: I don’t kiss and tell!
However, Summer always seems to fly by way too fast. It is like we are in this haze once the warm weather comes and we don’t wake up until the cool air of Fall creeps in. We look back and realize that we did not fully take advantage of the blessings that Mother Nature provides in the Summer season. For this reason, I have decided to compile an “Endless Summer” list:
Endless Summer List:
- Surf in Montauk: check!
- Shoot a wedding with my BFF Adrienne: Check! Check out my post Hidden Cove Camp
- Visit a rooftop for sunset drinks: Does sunset drinks at Beekman Beer Garden pratically under the Brooklyn Bridge count??
- Do Yoga on one of the Hudson piers: check!
- Be barefoot as much as possible: definite check!
- Go to a Summerstage concert…Lumineers anyone??: I went surfing instead!
- Lie on the grass watching the clouds float across the sky: does doing this at the beach count???
- Eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables as possible: yummmm, check!
- Do a sunrise photo session: I just couldn’t pull myself out of my comfy bed…
- Read “Saltwater Buddha”, preferably in a hammock: Check! (but not in the hammock part…NYC is not known for having hammocks…)
- Follow your heart: more to come on this!: check out my post Now or Never
I promise I will keep y’all posted and any recommendations are much appreciated!
Now stop reading this, put away the phone/tablet, get outside and start enjoying Summer!
Hydrangeas and Ball Jars: a Summer staple.